My client is an ISO 9001 certified wholesale supplier of speciality agricultural products to trade customers in the UK and overseas. The company’s brands have been well known in the agricultural industry since the 1940s and account for a significant export business that was recognised by a Queens Award for Enterprise in 2011.
This is a full-time, permanent role with an annual salary of £22,000
Reporting to the Administration Manager, you will be based in head office playing a vital role in taking the orders, arranging production and organising supply from stock. You will ensure that customers get the right product, on time, with all the correct, supporting documents and that stocks are replenished when they reach an appropriate level.
- Take orders directly from customers and field sales staff over the telephone or by e-mail. Initiate order administration process through to sending confirmation to customers.
- Arrange immediate despatch of orders for standardUK"price-list" products. For export orders, or if there is insufficient stock, then production must be organised by placing an order for manufacture.
- To work with colleagues to ensure the purchase of raw materials, packaging and labels as necessary for the production of orders and the maintenance of stock levels so that optimum supply performance is maintained.
- Obtain and/or prepare all necessary sales documentation as required e.g. Invoice, POD, DGN, shipping documents, Letter of Credit, packing lists etc. whilst ensuring the accuracy of every order.
- Work with the Finance Director to check that the customer is creditworthy and to ensure that the finance is secured to support any order before it is confirmed.
- Arrange transport for shipping the orders.
- Monitor all stocks and maintain an accurate stock valuation to provide reports at the end of each month for the purposes of management accounting.
- Check supplier invoices against Purchase Orders, and query discrepancies if necessary, release signed-off invoices for payment.
- Promptly arrange packing and despatch of orders via the company web-shop either directly by request to the commercial store or factory.
- General office duties as necessary e.g. post, stationery ordering etc. such that the office functions smoothly.
- To play a full and constructive part in the operation of the company by contributing to formal and informal meetings including the weekly review meeting where the progress of all orders is discussed.
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organization and the overall business objectives of the organisation.
- Excellent telephone manner
- Good computer skills
- Disciplined, with attention to detail
- Able to work independently, as well as part of a small team
Current Scope and Scale:
You will be the 4th member of the administration team who together handle around £5m of turnover and about 1600 orders per year.