Position: Senior Quality Inspector
Salary: £14ph - £16ph
Formed over 40 years ago, our client specialises in the manufacturing of precision engineered components on a subcontract basis.
Our client has a state-of-the-art floor space and is equipped with the latest manufacturing technology. This includes numerous multi axis CNC Machines with turning and milling capability, flexible Manufacturing Systems capable of working 24 hours per day. An experienced Quality Inspector would feel right at home in this blue-chip company. This is a fantastic opportunity for any successful applicant.
- · Overseeing the entire production process, looking out for specific problems, checking the components produced for visible defects, performing various tests on the samples drawn, noting down observations, accepting and rejecting lots based on samples checked.
- Assisting in implementation of quality control programs, assisting in preparation of training manuals and quality guidelines.
- · To inspect manufactured and purchased products, using a variety of measuring equipment, to engineering drawings and inspection control plans, manually/electronically recording and storing the results of those inspections.
- · Ability to prepare, complete ISIR’s, FAIR’s and PPAP’s.
- · Able to calibrate measuring equipment and manage the calibration database system
- · Good knowledge of using a CMM and Visual FAIR.
- · Maintains certifications/accreditations for regulatory agencies and customer certification or approval programs.
- · Ability to identify and define problems; collect, analyse and interpret data and information; draw appropriate conclusions; propose solutions and/or corrective / preventive actions.
Hours: 07:30 to 16:30 with early finish on Friday.
Wage: £14ph - £16ph.
Overtime: Available at 1.5x hourly rate.
Pension: 3% contribution from employer.
Holiday: 22 days holiday plus bank holidays.
Excellent modern working environment.
Also commutable from Havant, Fareham, Waterlooville, Cosham, Hampshire & West Sussex.
CMM, FAIR's, PPAP's